just a blog


Of self-pity and melancholy

I consider myself a fairly fortunate person, born with my full set of limbs and a plastic spoon in my mouth, i.e. I never have to worry about my family's bills and stuff.

However, I have people around me looking at me as if a person with no financial difficulties=a person without a worry in the world. My point here is, they tend to compare the situations of different people in a very two-dimensional point of view and cruise effortlessly to the conclusion that they are amongst the top 2% of "The World's Most Pathetic Souls".

Forgive my cliche-ness, but life has never been, is never, and never, ever in your wildest dreams, will be a bed of roses. And even a bed of roses has thorns, if I may add.

Everyone has his own problems, no matter how carefree or 'normal' he looks. But aren't problems the building blocks of the strength of character? If there's no 'hot', there's no 'cold'. If there's no light, we'll never know what darkness is. And if there's no pain, there'll never be gain.

So what if you've lost a loved one? Lost your entire fortune? Lost the ability to carry on with your favorite sports? Some people were never even born to possess any of these.

Of course, with failure comes grief. But like Morrie says, break down and cry your heart out for that one time and just let it go. Wipe your tears, get up on your own two feet, pat your butt, and you're ready to go again.

But I've seen people blame their failures on external factors and never even realize what went wrong with them. "Wah, my GP B3 only leh. This year's examiners so screwed up hor. Wah, you got A1 ah! Confirm liao loh! Farked up one lah! Boo hoo! Must change examiner, man!!!" "Eh, yesterday that game I lost to XXX leh, think he use hack one.. Eh, you just won him? So LUCKY arh!? Or you also hack one!?!?!"

So go on. Grab a chair, sit on your failure, carry on grumbling, indulge youself in your wonderful world of melodrama and self-pity. The world goes on.

2 Responses to “Of self-pity and melancholy”

  1. # Blogger Y.Z,Big Kirsten fan

    wonderful comments dude... I loved it...  

  2. # Blogger Elestric84

    That very true.. Everyone got their own problems.. i jus using my blog to let it all out.. I still living my life.. anyway nice comments.. Sometimes it good to let all your problem out somehow it feel better..  

Post a Comment



© 2006 just a blog | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.