just a blog


Of medicines past and present

Still remember the medicine we used to take when we were kids? I still do, and as I think back about it, my heart weeps and tears flow incontrollably outta my eyes. Okay I'm exaggerating. Actually, I'm really surprised I remember pretty well what they were like. Maybe it's cos I din dare to swallow tablets when I was a kid. Haha so embarrassing.So I've been drinking medicine all the way till like, dunno JC or sec school.Quite fun to think back about it, actually.

Here's a summary of all the different types, for me to look back on when I grow old muaha.

The "sore-throat" medicine: Okay I dunno the technical name of this, but it's the most yummy one~~ I always liked to take this first. Honeydew in flavour. Kinda taste like cod liver oil. Of course not as nice lah, but somewhere near.

The FLU medicine: Comes in different flavours. But I only remmber the pinkish, transparent one. Not yummy, but definitely better than the rest.

The COUGH medicine: Well, as a big boy now,I still take this type. In fact, have been taking this medicine for the past few days. Damn sheesh. Black in colour, sticky sticky one. Taste is still bearable, but I still have to gulp down half a bottle of water afterwards.

The ULTIMATE FEVER medicine: Okay, this is the most horrible of them all. DAMN GROSS. Yellow colour one. And it's sticky, slimy, and tastes freakin horrible. Mum always had to standby one sour plum for me to chew after I drink this. Else I'll vomit it out. However, to take things in the positive light, this is the one medicine that motivated me to learn how to swallow tablets.

I still remember how mum taught me how to swallow tablets. She taught me to practise with chocolates. Failed horribly though, cos I always decide at the last minute, to chew it instead. Else damn waste ma. After a few tries she gave up lah.

My journey towards eating tablets, started with the FLU type. U know, the small small, oval one. Haha, I think I somemore broke it in half to swallow. Also practised with Po Chai pills.

Damn funny, when I had diarrhoea, I always ate Po Chai pills eat until I wanna die. Cos I can only swallow one at a time, accompanied with a gulp of water. So, 2 bottles of Po Chai pills= alot alot of water.

At that time I still couldn't swallow the humongous fever pills, but I die die refused to drink the liquid version. Then how? Melt the pill in alot alot of water and drink loh. Mum says it's not as effective this way but I guess I had rather died of fever than drink the horrible stuff.



1 Responses to “Of medicines past and present”

  1. # Blogger Elestric84

    wa kao dun even dare to swallow pills.. po chai pills is 1 bottle with water u one by one oh my god.. if im your mother seeing u eat po chai pills i think i will vomit blood.. haha  

Post a Comment



© 2006 just a blog | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.