just a blog


the eye.

was happily watching spiderman 3 and eating popcorn with rav4 when my eye got quite irritated.

so i very unwisely decided to remove my contacts and change to my spectacles without washing my hands. how ma fan is it to wash hands when you're in the middle of a movie??

so i very garang-ly reached for my eye with popcorn-stained fingers and removed the contacts with one fell swoop, after which my right eye hurt so much and tears started squirting out.

on hindsight, touching your eyes with dirty hands is stupid, and touching them with popcorn-stained fingers is very stupid, but hindsight is 20/20, and yes, me is really quite stupid.

rav4 started to ask me if i'm alright and the people behind me were probably wondering why this lunatic is crying while watching a show like spiderman.

i was not crying, dammit.

but it was really damn painful. my nose even started getting runny.

but me is strong, and after the movie, and 1 litre of tears, it started to feel better so i thought nothing of it.

so i went ahead and had a bout of overnight mahjong.

and as you, my smart reader must have guessed, i woke up in the morning after 2 hours of sleep going to brush my teeth with only one eye open.

and i had to give my duty away because one-eye jacks aren't supposed to do duty.

very pathetically, and half awake, poor me went to take bus all alone to clementi clinic see doctor.

this reminded me of the time in ns when i kena super deep cut above my eye and i took bus gu ling ling go clinic see doctor, then everyone around me like very stressed see one bleeding person trying to cover his bloody wound at the head so ke lian waiting to see doctor.

back to the present.

ta ma de the clinic was damn full.

but i think when i walked in everyone quite stressed because they must have thought i was in great pain to be crying until like that. all i could do was squint my eyes and make it as obvious as possible that limpeh was not crying and was instead having an unfortunate case of eye infection.

the woman at the counter registered me, and then very kindly asked...

"wah, ni3 ke2 yi3 ma..?"

i said, "er.. actually, wo3 hen3 tong4."

"wah okok."

the queue was at 3, and as i looked at my registration slip with the number "18" on it, i really wanted to cry.

fortunately, i got let in after number 5.

the doctor also very kan chiong, faster check my eye, then said "phew, nothing wrong with cornea."

cornea!? i never even thought it would be something so serious.

then when i came out people see me also like very stressed like dunno i will die anot like that.

after i got my eye drop then on the spot faster drip..

and then proceeded on the arduous journey home as people kept giving me weird looks with me trying to cover my eyes and at the same time feeling so bloody sleepy.

it felt so good to be home.

0 Responses to “the eye.”

Post a Comment



© 2006 just a blog | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.