just a blog


Pay day.

Got my beautiful check of $704 today. Not bad for half a month's work, albeit the intensive workload, the barrage of stuff we had to learn, and of course, "the 3 a.m. OT".(I'd never forget that for the rest of my life.)

I think I sound like I dislike my job. I don't.

I've met really interesting people on this job.

Xunming my partner feels like a long-lost friend. He's one person who actually knows people like George Soros and Warren Buffet and Donald Trump and actually reads The Alchemy of Finance and The Intelligent Investor, we both like bubor char char, we enjoy the same perverse pleasure in making fun of people (especially people of the opposite gender) and he actually watches NBA!

I guess it doesn't really make a difference but I thought I'd just mention it. He's about my height too. (Oh yeah, we enjoy making fun of shorter beings too muahahah)

But he's from like, RJ the elite school and he's exposed to a vastly different culture from me and he's going to UK to study law, ya know, that high-flyer kind. He classifies girls into tier-1, tier-2 and "others" while girls to me are just, well, girls. I appreciate all of them muahahahah.

Shit I sound like a wolf.

Jolene my boss is the epitomy of the term "workaholic" and she got herself sick by over-working and wasn't in the office for this morning. I was thinking "wow that woman is finally taking a break" and then I see her back in the office in the afternoon aiyoyo.

I also mentioned that she is damn siao-on and enthusiastic but she's capable at the same time so I'm sure she'd go far.

If she wasn't so busy I'm sure she'd have tons of guys going after her as she's damn happening and nice and she's actually pretty good at bowling and real good at pool (for a girl anyway) as I witnessed last week. I have to actually be on-form to beat her. I just wish my pool skills (if you can even call them that) are not so damn erratic.

The occasional appearance of May is a real pleasure to the eye too. She's like the pillar of strength for Xunming, as "he's never seen anything like it" and she "can qie the tier-1s in RJ hands-down".

She is the perfect example of a lao chio, as she is damn damn chio now, but think she wasn't all that power when she was younger.

Too bad she's probably overseas now and Xunming is damn sad. I think he's gonna quit hahah.

Of course, we also have Shervenne!

Dammit I thought I've seen enough short girls in my life already but this one is like, about 1.5m! And she's so super duper cute I can't believe that she's older than me. Even more unbelievable is the fact that she's older than my SISTER!

She always makes me and Xunming laugh until our sides ache especially when she tries to act angry and then breaks out laughing and says "haha pian4 ni3 de lah"

Hers is what I call genuine cuteness, it's really not fake at all! (Fake cuteness is disgusting) The time when she used the pizza tripod support thing to cut the pizza was also damn funny. When Jo started asking "what you doing?!" and all of us started laughing, the death blow came. She started to explain with a straight face that she was trying to just "separate the pizza" and that really made me and Xunming laugh until we want to die.

You have to be there to see how funny it was.

Other people would probably think she's kind of slow but she's actually quite smart, just the type I like! (Wits beneath a harmless skin) Initially I thought she didn't study much cos she just came from KL 3 years ago but today I realized she has a degree and was actually in Austrailia for a year!

So I was damn sad when I found out she has a bf. (Xunming says it doesn't matter but he's a scum)

Idiotic Jo was going to pass us the check today and when she came to me and I reached out to get it from her she took it back and said "nevermind yours later I ask Shervenne give you" then everyone bursted into laughter and I was like "ni3 bu4 yao4 hai4 wo3!!!"

She walked to Xunming's table and wanted to pass him his but paused to ask him "you want me to get May to give you?"

Xunming: *Dreamily* I want....

Jo: Qu4 si3 lah! *Throws the check onto his face*

So when Shervenne very puzzledly came to pass me the check she was like "what were they all laughing at?" and I was like "nothing lah they're crazy" and I was going to get it liao when she pulled back again and with that perpetual kawaii look on her face she said "don't give you. Must qing2 wo3 chi1 fan4"

I really melted on my chair and wanted to say "wah lau eh, got check no check want me to treat you chi1 fan4 also no problem!!!"

0 Responses to “Pay day.”

Post a Comment



© 2006 just a blog | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.