just a blog


The Fundamental Difference.

This Fundamental Difference theory just happened to strike me real hard on the head as I realize how very very different two people could be in the way they view this world.

The FD is something that exists among all human beings, even siblings, best friends, spouses and probably even twins.

You could enjoy the same activities as someone, have the same viewpoints as that person, enjoy her company, and even, sometimes even play around in your head, the idea that you could probably spend the rest of your life with her as your companion.

And then the FD kicks in and arguments start to arise.

The FD is like your eyes, the spectacle that you look at the world through. And every single person has a different set of these.

Self help books like to tell you that anything is possible if you put your heart and soul into doing it.

And I think that's bullshit. "Impossible is nothing" is a kick-ass slogan for an ad but anyone who takes it as a way of life is doomed to eternal pain. That's why the self-help industry is doing so well.

I think there's a limit to everyone's capabilities and it's really important to come to terms with that, recognize what you're good at, and work on that. There is only a thin line between doing things with a fiery passion and doing things with blind enthusiasm.

True enough, Michael Jordan got rejected by his high school basketball team and ended up as the world's most famous basketball player. But realize that he is the
EXCEPTION rather than the rule!!

Tons and tons of NCAA ballers work their asses off in hope of NBA glory, how many of them actually make it?

If I put my heart and soul into it, I can achieve anything? How about I work ten times harder than Michael Jordan and then challenge him to one-on-one? Will I be able to taste the fruits of my hard work? To me, that's being stupid and trying to reach for the stars with your feet on the ground.

But so some people, they think this mindset of mine is negative and I'd probably end up as a failure in life and spend the rest of my life cleaning cesspits.

From what I see, many people still prefer to embrace the mindset that you can fail and fail and fail, because you will succeed some day! So go on, my hero! Your dream is to reach the sky! So work hard on jumping! Plyometrics! Supplements! Jump whole day long! Don't rest even when you get tired! Hard work is all you need! Oops, you broke your leg? Neh mind, "at least you tried."

So what was that, a glorious attempt? I think that's bullshit, but millions upon millions of people subscribe to that thinking, and that's why Singapore Idol and their copycats do so well. People like to watch people "try hard at achieving their dreams" and most importantly, failing in the process.

Epitomy of that is probably William Hung. Yeah he's gained worldwide recognition, but for what?

There's no right or wrong, there's no reason, there's no why, no how, no nothing, when it comes to the fundamental difference.

It just exists. It's as simple as 1 + 1 but at the same time, it's as unfathomable and bizzare as the Heisenberg's uncertainty principle.

Let's take another example.

I hate "nice" guys and think they're just one of those people playing to the girls' weaknesses and earning their trust and liking. The only admirable thing (if you could call that admirable that is) is that they manage to pull it off.

Like I always say, there are only two kinds of guys in this world.
Bad guys that look like bad guys, and bad guys that look like good guys.

Trying to look like a good guy is every loser's sole purpose in life. To add insult to injury, most of them fail along the way.

The loser's loser winds up being labeled very appropriately as the loser while the loser's winner gaining the coverted title trophy at the top of the golden pedestal and wins the title of "
NICE GUY" wow!

Okay that's besides the point but that probably proved my point as well because many of you must be thinking I'm being too extremist and illogical but to
ME, that's the way things are.

Also, I don't really give a damn about impressing people. Of course, I'd be a hypocrite if I say I don't feel great when people appreciate me and compliment me on things I'm good at. But I don't go out of the way and try to shove my head above the crowd.

What is the point? If you're good, you're good, if you suck, you suck. Why would you give a flying fuck what people think of you? Like that could reverse things? Ego-boosting?

Maybe I got that from my dad. Other wealthy people like to flaunt their wealth and talk big and stuff and end up going bankrupt. My dad spends only when necessary and people even seem to find him a miser sometimes. Ignorant people are even spreading rumours that he's having problems financially just because he's being fairly passive at this stage.

Who would have guessed that he's a millionaire many many times over?

Again, that's besides the point, but it's very disillusioning when after you know a person for a long long time and then finally realize there's a huge gap in between you that can never be bridged.

Okay now that I think about it, I don't even know what I'm really trying to say.

But I guess it's this. It's extremely super duper chao ji wu di sibeh kam pua fucking difficult to find someone who knows you.

If you read everything up to this word, please leave me a message and I'd promptly induct you into my kangkang fan club. Nah I'm just kidding, I think you're either crazy or damn bored. It's all rambling and mumbo jumbo and at 2.08 a.m. I don't even know what I'm thinking and I can vaguely guess that this is going to be the longest post I've ever made and will ever make so I guess this makes it a moment to remember.

And
you. You who I'm sure is reading this, must find this familiar. I think this nicely sums up the entire fundamental difference theory, so I'm quoting it.

"I think I can say I truly understand how you think now.. I don't agree with you all the time, and I don't even understand
WHY you think that way at times, but I do know how you feel."

But that's already extremely rare, precious.

And that's enough.


2 Responses to “The Fundamental Difference.”

  1. # Blogger karmaisabastard

    FD can be explained by the karma theory.  

  2. # Blogger karmaisabastard

    FD can be explained by the karma theory  

Post a Comment



© 2006 just a blog | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.