just a blog


An Eternal Loss

My aunt passed away this morning.

Can't say that we're really close, but still, it always feels kinda sad when your relative passes away.

She's my second eldest aunt, so we always call her 'li gor'. She was one aunt who played with me quite alot when I was a little boy. I still remember that she always called me "bui bui". I hate it when she calls me that cos it sounds so obscene and stupid.

I also remember there was once this wedding dinner, I dunno whose, we attended when I was like, 8 or 9 years old maybe. I was folding this napkin into a bra and held it over my eyes. I think she thought it was meant to be a pair of specs and she laughed so hard. I was so embarrassed.

She's also always joyful and smiling. Her place is one place where I actually look forward to going during Chinese New Year. Cos I think she's very infectious with her smile. Makes people feel happy. I also remember that of all the aunts, she gives us the biggest ang bao. Ten bucks, I think.

And now she's dead.

People always say that a person is never truly dead; for in the heart one could live eternally. When one's not in a poetic mood, that sounds like complete bullshit.

Yes, I will remember her always, but she'll never really be around anymore. No one to call me "bui bui", no one to laugh at my bra-specs. And there's one less place to look forward to visiting on Chinese New Year.

Guess we'll all miss her.


1 Responses to “An Eternal Loss”

  1. # Blogger Y.Z,Big Kirsten fan

    Hey Kang Kang

    Condolences in the form of a blog comment. Just thought it would be nice to do it.

    Used that phrase before to console a person once (the one about the people who left still lives in our heart). Quite a meaningful phrase actually  

Post a Comment



© 2006 just a blog | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.