just a blog


Safe in a Crazy World

Went to watch Corinne May's concert just now; it was great man. She has damn amazing vocals. I like her accent too, tho it's damn ang moh.

Quite a few hiccups during the performance though. The mike had some problem and kept giving off a 'kok kok kok' sound. I think she handled the same situation very well though, kept the atmosphere un-awkward.

But quite funny, like she was waiting for the sound to disappear and after awhile it did, so she said something like 'okay i think it's okay now'. Then immediately we hear a damn loud "KOK" and her expression was damn cute and the audience all laughed at her.

And she kept DRINKING WATER. In between all the songs she must pour water n drink. Then she got one orange water bottle on stage, and cos it's quite near the mike, so when she pours water there'll be the "gulu gulu" sound one, and plus the audience damn quiet, she says "haha, now everyone's watching me pour water."

"We're never too far apart, cos' we're seeing the same side of the moon."

There was one part she was like going "and I wish you'd hold me closer cos you're the aww man I forgot the lyrics again I did it at Borders and LA and now I'm doing it again it's so funny and embarassing." I think you'd have to be there to understand the funny-ness.

Towards the end she also thanked her parents. She said her mum's the one in blue and she doesn't know what her father's wearing, and that they're somewhere in the audience. Added that this is her funny way of making them feel very paiseh.

And I was stunned when I heard her say that term.

CORINNE MAY SAID "PAISEH".

"All beaches are the same. You walk on the sand, you leave footprints, the waves come, and then the footprints look like they were never there before."

When she was singing Fly Away I peeped at Ting beside me.

And I wonder if she understands how I feel.

0 Responses to “Safe in a Crazy World”

Post a Comment



© 2006 just a blog | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.