just a blog


Ramblings.

I was happily waiting for Alvin's blog to load when it suddenly did and something just hit me damn hard on the head.

"Smokers are fucking retards."

Okay I'm not a smoker so I dunno why I kena stunned also, but maybe because I do smoke once in two blue moons, so by extremely strict standards, one could call me a social smoker, though I really don't think I am.

Well I once mentioned the topic of smoking as well 271 days ago, as technorati very kindly advised me, so you see, I'm against smoking too!

Quitting Smoking.

Well I pretty much agree with what Alvin had to say, but his point about the cool factor just reminded me of an observation that Malcolm Gladwell made in his book "The Tipping Point."

He says that smokers aren't cool because they smoke, but it is the cool people who have the tendency to smoke. So it ends up there being 2 factions of smokers. 1 being cool people who smoke and the 2nd being smokers who think they are cool.

Now you think, cool people have the tendency to smoke! Who in the world suggested that monstrous idea?! Well apparently some research has been done and all that, and people might not buy the idea, but to be honest, I do find majority of my smoker friends pretty interesting people.

So, I don't know ;)

===

People wonder why my posts are frequently so goddamn long.

Aye, if my posts weren't so goddamn long, my blog won't be called lorlilorsor liao right?

Hur hur.

Anywayz, I actually try to write something every single day at the end of the day because I really find that, as I said before, it helps me organize my thoughts.

It could also be a by-product of me being such a stupid geek and reading so much.

===

Friday, for the first time ever, I stepped into a real workshop and experienced what it was like to be a real engineer, and not one who wields a pen and mugs (or tries to)!

That's
the reason why I took engin, man. Why did we end up having to study such dry and boring stuff? Samuel says it best. "Study so much for fuck? I learnt so much more today just taking out the fuckin' exhaust pipe."

Anyway, we were preparing the '03 FSAE car for some exhibition tomorrow and we dismantled the car and cleaned and de-rusted it. It was really quite an antique.

And de-rusting was the kind of job where you had to wear goggles and "zhing zhing zhing" the metals and sparks would be flying all over the place and that made me feel more like an engineer than EG1108 or MA1506.

0 Responses to “Ramblings.”

Post a Comment



© 2006 just a blog | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.