just a blog


Quitting smoking

Isn't it great to be a celebrity? They pay you to quit habits you shouldn't even have started in the first place!

Sometimes I really wonder; do these campaigns really work? Isn't it plain obvious that they don't?

Smoking is a very personal thing wad. I for one don't believe it's really so goddamn hard to quit smoking. I can't say for those who started smoking at like 5 years old lah, but for the rest, I don't believe it's all that hard.

I mean, there are people who have managed extraordinary things in life like living through deafness plus blindness and overcome obstacles that us ordinary human beings can but fathom, and here you're telling me you do not have the ability to quit smoking?!

I'd say 1) You are really damn cannot make it or 2) You don't feel like quitting.

And 10 times out of 10 I'd believe the latter to be true.

And these campaigns. Let's say I were a hard-core smoker. So I hear on radio and read on papers that, oh, Quan Yi Feng and Christopher Lee are quitting smoking.

"Oh! They smoke?

Now they're quitting? For what? Campaign wad. What campaign? Quit smoking campaign! To encourage smokers to quit smoking!

C'mon lah, what the fuck has it got to do with me?!

I don't even watch their shows!

What?! You mean they get paid to do it?! You pay me lah, pay me, ask me quit anything also can!"

Nicorette gums. Stuff you chew that's supposed to lessen your urge to smoke. If it's clinically proven to cure addiction, I have no comments. But if it's aimed at ah bengs and ah lians, will help meh? To them, smoking is cool, I think.

Chew gum cool meh? Look like WWF wrestlers? American Gladiators? NBA players?

If you want to quit, you can do it one.

Human willpower has not degenerated to this extent, has it?

There are so many reasons to quit.

See ah,
1) Most people don't like smokers
2) It's been said a million times but I'm gonna say it again, smoking is bad for health!
3) Don't you find it cumbersome to have to keep a lighter and an easily crushable box with you at all times?
4) Always have to find smoking corner, so troublesome?!
5) Most importantly, you can save alot of MONEY just by this simple act; it improves your health to boot! See, 1 week=2 packs=$20. 1 month=$80. 6 months= $480. And it's not for DOING something. It's for NOT doing something!

To this I'd like to add: It always peeves me to no end when I hear people complaining that they have NO MONEY and are so pitiful and are oh-so-unfortunate to be born into un-wealthy families, and GO ON to buy state-of-the-art MP3 players that even lim peh doesn't have and SMOKING and spending money on tons of other stuff they don't need.

I digress.

Let's move on to reasons TO smoke.
1) It's cool. (Highly subjective. In fact, MAJORITY disagree.) Oh, but nevermind wad, as long as it's cool to people I want to attract. Girls think it's cool wad. At least ah lians think so.
(Oh really?)

2) I'm addicted. (Rubbish. )

3) You're an attention-seeker. You love it when people see you smoke and go "aww...why you smoke.. you must have led a hard life and need to vent it out on these nasty cigarettes.. but why don't you quit.. if die how... you die i how..."
(The pre requisite to this excuse is that you must have someone who is willing to say this kind of thing to you lah. Well, the sad truth is that 99.9% of the world population don't really give a damn. And for that 0.1% that truly cares so much for you, why are you making them upset and worried for you in the first place you ass?!)



4) Oh, I have too much money to spend lah, and I think it's goddamn uber cool wad, SMOKING LEH! I have no intention to quit lah. Only the top 1% of the people in the universe have this unique ability to hold a stick and puff on it leh! And I am in that 1%! PLUS, who says smoking is bad for health?! My ah gong smokes and he died at 90!
(Go ahead and smoke. Only people under this classification have no excuse to quit. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion wad. Oh by the way, I think your ah gong might have lived to a 100 if he didn't smoke. Oh well, just a thought.)

Disclaimer: I harbour no ill feelings whatsoever to smokers. I don't dislike smokers! In fact, I like smelling cigarette smoke once in awhile!

But as you can see from the above analysis, if you think about it carefully, there is really no reason to smoke lah.


So quit, okay?

0 Responses to “Quitting smoking”

Post a Comment



© 2006 just a blog | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.