just a blog


Farewell

"Sent" my aunt off on Thursday. Had driving lesson before that. Took a day off.

Sheesh, the "band" at the ceremony were quite jia lat, playing poker and stuff before commencement. Even after it started, there was this man using his phone while playing the cymbal. And the trumpet guy was blowing it with one hand.

It was a traditional taoist ceremony by the way. So had the usual scattering of incense paper as a way of sending her off. It started off sounding really corny when I heard the loud-and-noisy version of "shi shang zhi you mama hao". Then as we started walking in circles around the coffin, gosh, i dunno what happened, but it felt damn damn downright heart-breaking.

People were starting to cry and cry. No one cried for the past few days. So I got kinda shocked. Then it got worse; even heartless me felt my eyes turning red. Damn sheesh. Luckily I hard-hearted enough. Managed to tahan. My jie couldn't take it and broke down. Cried like hell when they were closing the coffin.

Then proceeded to send her to the crematorium. Lotsa people started crying again when she got pushed into the er..furnace(?).

Anyway it was the first cremation I've ever been to. I think it's quite convenient and eco-friendly. Decided to opt for it when my turn comes.

This funeral set me thinking quite alot. I realized that this is the first funeral of someone fairly close to that I've attended. With much reluctance, I realize that more is to come. I don't know how I'm gonna react when I suddenly get news that my so-and-so has passed away. I refuse to mention names cos that's so unlucky haha.

Sigh I guess what must come must come.

I believe I made alot of people smile when I was born. I hope that I will make alot of people cry when I die =)

0 Responses to “Farewell”

Post a Comment



© 2006 just a blog | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.