just a blog


A new year, a new beginning!

Okay this is gonna be long.

First of all a recap of my new year resolutions for year 2005!

"1. First of all, I'm gonna PASS MY FREAKIN' DRIVING TEST on the 12th of Jan.
2. Start checking out and for my mini-van; and hopefully get to buy it, latest by end of 2006.
3. Work hard in uni. Must do well man.
4. Play hard in uni as well. Gonna play bball for hall hopefully. Maybe handball. Maybe try my hand at air-pistol too.
5. Save up. Wanna have at least $5000 in personal account by end of 2005. Means that I most probably gotta get a job. Hopefully a job in hostel.
6. Be a better person. Treat people I treasure nicely. Family and my best friends ba."

1. I passed that frickin driving test. In fact, in 11 days I'd officially be rid of the cumbersome P-plate!
2. Aye, probably not gonna get a Kangoo afterall. Now I prefer Vios ;)
3. I did like shit. 'Nuff said.
4. Hahah I dunno what happened to this lah, since I didn't even stay in hall.
5. Well I'm still broke, but I think I'm beginning to see some light at the end of the tunnel -_-;;
6. Well treat people I treasure nicely? I dunno if I did. Hahah.

So as you can see, I wasn't even really serious in making my new year resolutions last year they weren't even 'resolutions'.

But still, I guess it was an okay year for me. Lots of things happened. Got to know lots of new people, got in touch with lots of old people too. Learnt new stuff. Experienced new things. Fallen, got back up.

Next year's gonna be a better one!

Resolutions for 2006
===============

1. I MUST REALLY START PUTTING MORE EFFORT INTO MY STUDIES. I have people around me doing much much better and saying that they have done "like shit". So what does that make my cap? This can't go on, boy.

2. I MUST DUNK. C'mon man, I ain't getting any younger. If I don't do it soon, I'm never ever gonna be able to make it. Just a few cm more man. To better allow myself to dunk, I must....

3. GROW TALLER. A few more cm can liao. Okay, in what way is this a resolution? Can't really make myself grow tall can I? Oh well, drink more milk?

4. SWELL MY BANK ACCOUNT. By hook or by crook.

5. LEARN GUITAR. I've been saying that for a year now.

6. PROJECT SF. Bm has project SL and I have project SF. Highly secretive, confidential, and extremely sensitive. Aye, it basically means I have to cut down on my favorite foods like chocolate, seafood and rojak :(

Like all new year resolutions, I'm guessing they still tend to start being forgotten somewhere around February. So I've limited this year's to 6 very, erm... easy-to-remember items. So this year really must fulfil all ah.

Things worthy of attention that happened in 2005
======================================
1. I ORDed. The happiest moment in my entire NS life is the day I ORDed. I still remember my cold-blooded papa told me some months back that he teared when his son got onto the evil evil bus that brought us all to the hell-on-earth called Pulau Tekong. My sister said that on the night I left she cried loh ahahahahah!!

Hahah I guess as the eldest son in a family with extremely uptight parents, they tend to worry alot more for me when I progress through the stages in life.

When my brother got enlisted, they didn't even give a damn. Cos I gave everyone a very complete and detailed summary of what he will be going through from day one onwards. And my family was also spared from the horror and sense of loss of stepping onto that wretched island, for they had me the lao jiao bing as their tour guide.

Well anywayz, I guess NS has made me learnt lots of stuff, like the usual chao genging and acting fierce to protect urself and backstabbing and stuff. So what did I learn about defending the nation? Hmm. Nothing? Nothing PRACTICAL anyway. I doubt that I'd ever have any real need to handle a M16 or LAW tube or grenade or SAW or GPMG. And I hope not -_-;;

Of course, I've also met my fair share of unique individuals, great buddies, and er.. weird people.

Stupid AOE shit with xiao shi di. Blackout day when everyone came to rescue us. Sleeping until 1 p.m. when clearing leave. Extremely unlucky encounters during guard duties. Warcraft madness during nights' off. Fear of madam. The hot-and-humid-like-crazy bunk. The smelly-like-shit toilets. Asking for games everyday at 3 p.m. Physical training for IPPT. Reading and slacking in office when madam is not around. Store-runs. First parade tasks. Being flag party commander for stupid CO parade. 24-7 duties. Suffering shit together. Finding ways to slack together. Getting conned by trusted people.

Ns made me grow, but still, that doesn't make up for the fact that if there was no NS, I'd be in year 3 student now and I'd be a working adult soon.

2. NS to NUS. See the link? NS? NUS?

As I've re-iterated time and time again, I have been extremely lackadaisical in my studies. Well I can tell that some people around me are skeptical about what I say about this and are of the opinion that I did badly purely because I am stupid.

"It's all about time management."

Hahah, oh well, that might be the truth. I don't deny that I haven't always got my priorities right, and I let my heart rule over my head at times and wasted time doing nonsensical things. And of course, my lack of brilliance is one major factor too.

But next sem shall be better. I hope.

3. New friends at NUS. Shambaa people. Kenny~ Vball party, Alvin, Demure, Eugene, Andy. Of course, acknowledging my new-found stylo-milo biao mei. CTW buddy GY. Fellow slacker jeremy.

4. The OFFICIAL FORMATION of WST haha. I'm just glad this bunch of secondary school classmates have managed to keep in touch after so long. It helps that most of them are in NTU together, keeping their side of the bond strong. Only me and idol are in NUS. And not forgetting the two 19 year olds new members of WST.

Weekly bball and laksa sessions are stuff I look forward to too.

Shit this is getting too long I'm getting tired. If u're stilll reading this, u must be really bored.

5. Okay. Lastly, of course, my singlehood. Well, haven't got much to say cos I know she'd be reading this too, so it's gonna be weird, hahah.

Hai.

But maybe I'm a more powerful cancerian.

Hahah.

Okay this is crazy, I'm going to bed.

Happy 2006!

0 Responses to “A new year, a new beginning!”

Post a Comment



© 2006 just a blog | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.