just a blog


IPPT.

I didn't know there were gonna be so many of them taking the test on the same day. About 80 people in all, I think. But I was one of the youngest there, the rest all like quite uncle.

So many of them drove there.

And one of them was wearing this bright orange Asics singlet and his OCS shorts. An officer, huh. Scared people dunno he officer meh? He looks pretty fit lah, budden what for wear until so flashy? Not like people really give a shit.

So yeah, I was actually quite surprised that the whole thing flowed through quite smoothly. Guess it's probably only during NS that it's compulsory to do everything as ineffectively as possible.

It felt kinda funny walking into an army camp again after so long. Smelt rifles, saw lok kok buildings, bunks, yellow boxes, training sheds and all. NS sucks, but it leaves you with fond memories.

So yeah, proceeded with all the static stations without much trouble, but the sit-up station was quite embrarrassing. 42 earned you 5 points, but I did 42 with 30 seconds remaining and I suddenly thought, "Eh, 42 or 52 ah?" Then frantically chionged for another 10 more, then realized that 42 was sufficient.

Wait people think I hao lian.

Most of the stations I just did barely sufficient to get silver nia. I was quite surprised I managed 8 chin ups and had strength to spare muahahaha but I jumped off anyway cos do so many also no use.

And it appeared that the OCS guy wasn't all that fit afterall, cos I think he did pretty average in most stations.

Then we went for 2.4, my most hated station, and 10 seconds after the run started I was already like "fuck fuck fuck" liao aye too long never run. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn tired lah, after the run, and old me is still like having muscle aches now ta ma de.

I think my timing was like 11.28, which is quite slow, but I still came in 5th, which goes to show how nua reservists are. I actually came in before the OCS guy lor, I wonder if he feels embarrassed.

See lah, so hao lian, now malu.

Maybe it's the officer pride thing. Something I can't really fathom. Yeah lah I guess it's really prestigious and I have cool friends who are from OCS but what's up with swords of HONOUR and commission balls and the rule that only officers can wear collared shirts while the rest of us lesser human beings are doomed eternally to wearing ugly round-necked t-shirts?

Not that I wanna wear collared shirts (round-neck is comfy enough thank you) but why make that distinction? And I think people who use their number one photos as MSN pics are.. erm.. weird.

Mindef has made OCS such a hyped-up thing don't you think.

I'm not scorning officers and sour-graping here but I really think those officers with their heads high in the air need to get their feet back on the ground. I've seen so many fucked-up officers and I really wonder how they got into OCS in the first place.

Aye I got distracted.

Well anyway I did manage to get my silver so that's $200 for a morning's "work" muaha thanks Mindef.

0 Responses to “IPPT.”

Post a Comment



© 2006 just a blog | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.