just a blog


Arcade games then and now.

Aye my knees hurt real bad. Too much bball maybe. Professor Ben says I need more milk.

The original plan to "lah kopi" at Starbucks last night turned into a night of nostalgia at the arcade. KOF(King of Fighters) is so different now man. Kids nowadays are really good at these games. They actually memorise combos and stuff.

Nowadays it's all about executing combos and giving your opponent no chance to move until he's dead.

Last time was more about tactics and forcing your opponent to make stupid moves and terrorizing them for their mistakes.

I decided that I will surely die fast and waste 50 cents if I play KOF, so went to play the easy X-Men vs Street Fighter instead. To my pure horror, Mr Nice Guy had to come in and save as a new challenger halfway through!!

What the hell, last time I could easily complete the game. Mr Nice Guy was also quite rusty though. But I ended up losing to him by like 1.5 cm of blood. DAMN.

But I won him back in SVC vs Street Fighter. Is that the name? Dunno lah, it's more KOF style and I guess I'm still better at KOF muaha. But still, I didn't complete the game.

I still remember the time when I was in like secondary school and playing Art of Fighting 3 for the first time in my life. This 20-something years old guy joined in and lost to me. I was like, beaming. But he went to purchase additional tokens and kept on trying to defeat me.

I beat him 5 times and wasted like $2.50 of his money. I was so scared he would beat me up.

Last night we also played the all-time favorite Daytona but Mr Nice Guy came in first, followed by Kenny then me. So lousy. Kept having the tendency to drive with one hand.

0 Responses to “Arcade games then and now.”

Post a Comment



© 2006 just a blog | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.