just a blog


Car Wash

I suddenly got reminded of the time when I went to be a car washer hahah. The pay was sibeh jialat, and the work was lagi worse. But I think it gave me a chance to come into personal contact with the people of a class I would never have known otherwise.

Sabah and Din are from Malaysia. As in, the rural parts I think, they're really really poor. They were much more experienced than me but had lower pay than me! I mean, my pay is already like, peanuts. And more than 50% of their first three months' pay gotta be paid to their agents! And the rest? A LITTLE into their pockets, and the rest back to their families.

This is what I normally only hear about or see on TV, but I just didn't expect car washers to be this cham as well.

Given their pay, I think go one time Marche pok kai liao.

Mine was like, less than $4 per hour loh, don't remember how much exactly. My family and friends thought I was mad. My sister even said go wash car, later papa's friends see how?! Yeah my papa's in the car business, but hey, the car business and washing cars business are 2 different lines!

What's more, wash car wad, not say go rob bank or con people! I AM poor wad, I AM working for money wad, nothing wrong about that wad. I like cars, and coming into contact with cars everyday and seeing chio chio cars everyday brings me joy.

Hey, I've even driven a SLK there! Well I had a chance to drive WRX but oh well I missed it. The Porsche and Maserati ask me drive I also don't dare too. I wanted to try RX8 as well but none came leh. My dream car at that time was Mazda6 and yeah, I've driven it! Alfa Romeo is damn hard to drive. I'll never buy Alfa Romeo car.

Yeah, kang kang can be sibeh tee kee at times.

First few days really wash until I want to die man. Yao1 suan1 bei4 tong4. But cannot quit because I TEE KEE WANTED THE JOB. I'm like a bull sometimes, I think.

So yeah, I hung on for like 15 days, a few days a week only, cos I haven't ORD that time and had to go back once in awhile. SHHH.

Anywayz, Sabah and Din were damn nice people. As in, down-to-earth. Sometimes see them like that also quite gek sim. Makes me realize how lucky I am. They couldn't speak proper English and we had to converse in part-english part-sign language at times hahah. Also learnt abit of malay from them.

They very take care of me one, always ask me to eat first. But I don't geddit. Everytime at about 11 plus I already hungry until want to die, they can tahan?! They said they're 'used to it.' Omg, I don't think I can ever get used to this kind of shit.

They were quite unhappy there actually. Mean boss, lousy pay, hard work. I'm lucky in the sense that I could sack the boss any time I want, but they can't. This is one reason I wanted to stay on for abit more. I don't wanna give up so soon. And of course, it's due to the fact that if I don't fulfil 15 days of work I don't get paid :(

Sabah was telling me he got lobang at JE library, as cleaner. When I first heard this I wanted to laugh cos a job as a cleaner sounded like a joke, no?

What stunned me even more was, he asked me if I'm interested!!!

WTF!?!?!? ME, CLEANER?!?!?

But the way he asked really made me cannot laugh ah. He was so serious. He wanted to save me from this god damn job. I wanted to tell him, but hey, my family's probably like ten to twenty times richer than the BOSS loh.

Why the fuck would I go and be a cleaner?! Is it really so hard to understand that err... a car washer could actually be a car washer because he er... likes cars?

Oh well, that's hilarious, come to think of it.

I also saw the snobbish side of rich people. I think when some of them saw me they thought I was malaysian or something. And the way some of them behaved was really damn jialat loh. Got money big fuck meh.

There was one time I got SCOLDED BY THIS FREAKIN TURBAN-WEARING ASSHOLE!!!!! I am already abit racist by nature. Somemore he had to SCOLD ME.

KNNBCCB. He better not let me see him outside. I hope he old liao lose his job come my company be security guard. I WILL MAKE HIM KNEEL ON HIS KNEES AND APOLOGIZE.

He is obviously the type of person who will lick his boss's balls to get promotions and stuff. And discriminate against people of lower social standing than him. People don't discriminate against him I think he should tou xiao liao. And what right does he have?!

Because he's rich?? Nabeh, his car isn't even expensive loh!! Fuckin SAAB. Now I hate that brand. It was a YELLOW CONVERTIBLE LOH.

SIBEH UGLY LOH.

AS UGLY AS THE OWNER.

Ta ma de, whenever I think of it I still sibeh angry. It was not just the fact that I got scolded at a measly-paying job. I was scolded because he thought I was some poor bloke who needs the money from the fuckin job!

I wanted to stuff his turban down his throat and smash his car there and then.

*Drinks a cup of water and comes back*

And this is not all I learnt of the ugly side of human beings. The boss. When he found out that I came from a well-to-do (note: not RICH. just well-to-do) family, he started to treat me nicer and tried to suck up to me loh. On the day I left he even told me next time can go there and let him wash my car. So fake leh. Ask him wash my KAR.

And he tells me weird jokes. He drives a red Kangoo. When I asked him if he has a car himself, he said got, got one red Ferrari. I was like, wah, really ah, okay. Then he say, there, u never see meh? Just now outside shop that one. That really caught me off guard and I really didn't know what I should do man. It's not funny loh!!

But on a more serious note, I think his way of doing business also not very right lah. No welfare at all man, his workers all work until want to die. He doesn't know how to turn down customers. People say want to come he just lets them come without considering the workload at the moment. Care about earning money nia.

Oh well, human nature. But seriously, I don't think he'd last long man.

Wah piang, why I ramble so much about an old job. Hahah but well, this is one working experience I'll never forget lah. Ever.

0 Responses to “Car Wash”

Post a Comment



© 2006 just a blog | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.