just a blog


Loner.

Went to town alone for the first time in my life today~

Being alone and being with someone really feels quite different. When I'm alone I can take my own sweet time to check out all the books I want at Kino's.

Sometimes going out by yourself feels good too.

And I ended up buying Sudoku for mum. But I got a feeling it's not the kinda game she likes. I'll probably be the one playing most haha! (My table is so messy)

From Kino's I went to Borders. Holy shit, I really dunno when I became so bookish. If I had a girlfriend, she'd probably suspect Ms Shu is my mistress.

Okay, not funny.

Got one chiobu at Borders, so I went to sit next to her. No other space lah. And I was reading The Game, a book on pick-up artists; I hope she didn't realize.

Nowadays the rules and regulations have become so erratic I don't even know where smoking is allowed and where it's not. So the safest place is somewhere you SEE other people smoke.

And I realized lao4 hong1 cigs taste horrible. I nearly wanted to throw the whole pack away.

And then I went to Starbucks at night, again alone, and read somemore.

Kite Runner is a damn good book. One of those books that make you not want to stop reading. And gets you damn worked up. And the simplicity of the language is beautiful.

At moments when you expect colouful language filled with emotions, to describe the immense pain and mental torture of the character, the author instead makes do with just a single word, which actually elevates the effect.

Starbucks.

And being in that familiar place, I realized that I was still wearing the same watch, carrying the same bag, wearing the same shoes, same clothes, drinking from the same bottle, and suddenly I felt especially alone.

0 Responses to “Loner.”

Post a Comment



© 2006 just a blog | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.